On May 15, 2012, the Board of Directors of the Southeastern Minnesota Arts Council, Inc. (SEMAC) awarded 23 grants for a total of $110,035 in funding to applicants throughout southeastern Minnesota.
The SEMAC region includes the counties of Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Rice, Steele, Wabasha, and Winona.
Grants were awarded to each of the following area organizations:
· Rural America Arts Partnership received a $3,000 Small Towns/Rural Areas grant for Fringe Festival.
· David Lee Echelard received a $3,000 Presenter/Production Assistance grant for a vocal recital of European Lute Songs.
· Great River Shakespeare Festival received a $10,000 Arts & Cultural Heritage grant for a Workshop and Staged Reading of Georama.
· SEED Performance Art received a $10,000 Arts & Cultural Heritage grant for The Experiment Performance Series.
· Winona State University received a $3,505 Arts & Cultural Heritage grant for Summer Shakespeare Symposiums.
For information about the grant application process, eligibility, or grant writing assistance, call 507-281-4848. Information may also be found on our Web site at www.semac.org.