The Minnesota Conservatory for the Arts offers programming in dance, music, visual art, and theatre, year-round. Classes, lessons, workshops, and camps are offered for youth age 3 to adults at the Valéncia Arts Center, located at 1164 West 10th St.
The new Semester I catalog is now available. Registrations are now being accepted. Offerings run from Sept 10-Nov 17, 2012 and include:
· NEW! Art in Motion Workshops: Drawing a Powerful Still Life — (for those ages 16 and older) Drawings will be exhibited in December during the “Nutcracker” performance in the Ben Miller Lobby of Saint Mary’s University’s Performance Center.
· Creative Music and Movement — Enroll your child in this class and take Nia class yourself at the same time for only $10!
· NEW! Jazz Combos with Dave Gudmastad from Cotter High School
· Winona Area Youth Singers (WAYS) — In addition to learning a wide range of pieces from musical theatre to choral music, this group of young singers will participate in the “Nutcracker” as well as the winter concert!
· Dance Technique for Boys — For only $10, male students ages 8-12 are invited to enroll in this class, which focuses on the development of dance technique used in classical and contemporary disciplines while increasing flexibility, range of motion, physical strength and stamina.
· NEW! Advanced Ballet Packages — For those serious about ballet training!
· Adult Wellness Classes — (Including Nia, Power Piyo, clogging, ballet, and tap and jazz). Parents who have a child enrolled in a MCA class can take an adult wellness class for only $10!
Class days, times, and tuition vary. Financial need-based scholarship are available. For a brochure and a complete listing, visit www.mnconservatoryforthearts.org , e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, “like” us on Facebook, or call (507) 45-5500. Interested students may register online, by mail, or in person at MCA’s Valéncia Arts Center.