From: Kathy Schoen
Minnesota City, Minn.
Iíve read a lot about air quality issues and road use with the new frac sand industry, but very little about water. I have a few questions. If anyone knows the answers, another letter to the editor would be great. Iíve asked several people and no one seems to know.
1. How much water daily is used by the sand washing companies?
2. Where do they get it?
3. If itís from a private well does it deplete the groundwater enough to jeopardize existing private wells?
4. Do they add chemicals and if so, which ones and how much?
5. Where does all that water go, and does it get filtered?
6. Do they pay the same water rates if using city water, as we do?