From: Glen Palecek
Here is a review of some facts about Mena Kaehler, all of which have appeared in local papers.
1. She verbally attacked fellow Winona County board member Marcia Ward. Thankfully, the public came to Ward’s defense.
2. She publicly endorsed President Obama, and then sought Republican endorsement for herself. Whose side is she on?
3. Kaehler stated publicly she does not listen to the people or discuss issues with them because, as a Winona County board member, she is not supposed to. Doesn’t she realize that the people are her boss?
4. Along with board members Olson and Pomeroy, Kaehler voted for the ordinance against the vast majority of concerned citizens. The ordinance included last minute changes and additions which the public had absolutely no time to review. If this ordinance is so great, why did thousands sign a petition against it?
5. Along with board members Olson and Pomeroy, when politely asked, Kaehler refused simple language change and clarification in the ordinance, leaving it wide open to interpretation and costly lawsuits.
We are in desperate need of change in county government.