Home Page

Search Winona Post:
   GO   x 
Advanced Search
     
  Issue Date:  
  Between  
  and  
     
  Author:  
   
     
  Column / Category:  
   
     
  Issue:  
  Current Issue  
  Past Issues  
  Both  
   Help      Close     GO   Clear   
     
  Tuesday September 30th, 2014    

 Submit Your Event 
S M T W T F S


 

 

 
 

| PLACE CLASSIFIED AD | PLACE EMPLOYMENT AD |

| Home | Advertise with Us | Circulation | Contact Us | About Us | Send a Letter to the Editor |
 

  (ARCHIVES)Back to Current
House fire injures one (01/02/2013)
On Saturday, December 29, at 4:45 p.m. the Eleva Fire Department was called to a house fire on State Road 93, about one mile north of Eleva. It was reported that there was also one person who had suffered burns. Upon arrival, the fire department found the house to be nearly totally involved, with flames visible on three of the four sides.

The lone occupant at the time of the fire, Devon Becker, told responders that she was trying to light the fireplace when an explosion occurred. She appeared to have been knocked unconscious, and came too a short time later, finding the walls in the house on fire. She was able to get out on her own. Eleva First Responders, Osseo Ambulance and Mayo One helicopter treated her for injuries and she was flown to a hospital in the Twin Cities where her condition was later reported as good.

Highway 93 was closed for approximately three hours due to the high volume of fire department tanker traffic.

The Eleva Fire Department was assisted by the Strum Fire Department, Eau Claire Township Fire Department, Osseo Fire Department and the Mondovi Fire Department. Firefighters were on the scene until after 1 a.m. Firefighting was made difficult due to the near-zero degree temperatures and the age of the structure. The Eleva Fire Department was called back to the scene at about 6:30 a.m. Sunday due to a rekindling of the fire. No firefighters or other responders were injured as a result of this incident. One dog and two cats perished in the blaze. Another dog was injured and treated at a veterinary hospital. The house, attached garage and contents are considered a total loss. 

 

   Copyright 2014, Winona Post, All Rights Reserved.

 

Send this article to a friend:
Your Email: *
Friend's Email: *
 Submit 
 Back Next Page >>

 

  | PLACE CLASSIFIED AD | PLACE EMPLOYMENT AD |

| Home | Advertise with Us | Circulation | Contact Us | About Us | Send a Letter to the Editor |
 

Contact Us to
Advertise in the
Winona Post!