Celebrate National Nutrition Month with Winona’s first annual school-lunch recipe contest!
Submit a side-dish recipe to be considered for the 2013-2014 school-lunch menu.
• The top six finalists will be asked to prepare their dish for panel of judges.
• The top two finalists will be asked to prepare recipe, with aid from school-lunch employees, to be served to all ISD 861 Middle School students.
• Students will vote for their favorite side dish .
• Winner will receive bragging rights and recipe will be used in 2013-2014 school-lunch menu.
Recipe Contest Rules
1. Recipes should be for an original side dish that can accompany any school lunch entrée item.
2. Recipes are encouraged to be meatless and fit the USDA’s guidelines of whole grain, low fat and low sodium.
•Low sodium is defined as less than 140 mg per serving
•Low fat is defined as 3 grams or less per serving
•Whole-grain ingredients may include but are not limited to whole-grain pasta, brown rice, whole-grain bread, whole-wheat couscous, barley and quinoa.
3. Serving sizes to be between 1/4 and 1/2 cup
4. All entries must include clearly-detailed ingredients, measurements and step-by-step instructions.
Send all entries to Live Well Winona, 619 Huff Street, Winona, MN or send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Deadline: March 6th, 2013.