Wed., March 27
• At 12:23 p.m. deputies arrested Dustin Allen Zeller, 25, of Pickwick, who was cited for the theft of two canoes valued at $900 that had been reported stolen in February. A witness reported to deputies that he had purchased two canoes from Zeller matching the description of the stolen canoes, according to the report. Deputies said that Zeller admitted to stealing the canoes.
• At 11:49 p.m. deputies arrested Thomas Mormann, 26, of Dresbach, for driving while intoxicated after his vehicle went off the road, rolled over and struck a power line on County Road 12 outside Dakota. Power lines fell over the road after Mormann’s vehicle struck the pole. Mormann alerted dispatchers to the accident but was not at the scene when deputies arrived, according to the report. One deputy saw a pickup truck pulling out of a nearby driveway and recognized the driver as Mormann. Deputies stopped Mormann, who reportedly admitted to driving the vehicle involved in the accident, but said he couldn’t remember what happened. Deputies detected an odor of alcohol on Mormann’s person and said he had bloodshot, watery eyes. According to the report, Mormann told deputies he was “not too wasted, but still over the limit.” A preliminary breath test indicated his blood alcohol content was .098. Sheriff’s Department officials said that Mormann may face charges of criminal vehicular operation.
Tuesday, March 26
• At 5:50 p.m. officers ticketed Melvin Earl Kimp, 22, of Winona, for theft by shoplifting after he alleged stole a television valued at $248 from Walmart. An employee told police he saw Kimp take the television without paying.
Wed., March 27
• At 6:20 am officers received a report of a stolen vehicle from the 1700 block of Edgewood Drive. The victim told police a gray 2008 Chevy Impala, valued at $14,000, was stolen from the from inside the his garage. The keys were in the vehicle in the unlocked garage. The theft is believed to have taken place between 10 p.m. on Tuesday and 6 a.m. on Wednesday.
• At 1:48 p.m. officers received a report of stolen prescription drugs from an adult male resident of East Second Street. The man said he was missing 60 hydrocodone pills. Police officials said there are no suspects at this time.
Thursday, March 28
At 4:48 a.m. officers ticketed Gabriel David Bebout, 31, of Minnesota City, for theft by shoplifting after he allegedly stole a cellphone and charger valued at $314 from Walmart. According to the report, Bebout walked out with the electronics, set off the alarms, and started running towards Winona Health. He reportedly went into the Emergency Room area and was apprehended when he exited.