Saturday, April 13
• At 2:58 a.m. deputies arrested a 17-year-old male from Rollingstone for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated, underage drinking and driving, and minor consumption after he was stopped for speeding and driving erratically. Deputies reported that the youth had bloodshot, watery eyes and smelled of alcohol. A preliminary breath test indicated his blood alcohol content was .16 percent.
Wednesday, April 17
• At 10:30 p.m. deputies arrested Dustin Allen Zeller, 25, of Pickwick, for obstructing the legal process, theft of gasoline, and driving after cancellation inimical to public safety after Winona police officers reported that Zeller drove off without paying for fuel at a gas station in Winona. Sheriff’s Department officials added that Zeller may face drug charges as well. Deputies found Zeller in the vehicle at his residence on County Road 7 in Pickwick. According to the report, when deputies told Zeller he was under arrest, he said something to the effect of “No, I’m not,” and started walking away. He continued to resist arrest, but a deputy forced him to the ground and handcuffed him, according to the report. Later, a deputy reportedly found a bag with a white powdery substance believed to be an illicit drug. That substance had not been tested at the time of the report.
• At 11:23 p.m. deputies arrested Michael Paul Keiffer, 35, of Altura, for third-degree driving while intoxicated and second-degree test refusal. Keiffer may face other charges as he temporarily eluded police by cutting through a field outside of Elba. One deputy spotted Keiffer speeding outside of Elba, and pursued him. Keiffer pulled behind St. Aloysius Church in Elba and seemingly disappeared. Shortly thereafter, the deputy spotted tracks where Keiffer had driven through the wooded field behind the church and cut onto another road. Keiffer was stopped an hour later by another deputy in Altura. That deputy reported that Keiffer had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath and that his speech was slurred. Keiffer refused to submit to any blood alcohol tests.
Sunday, April 14
• At 2:25 p.m. officers ticketed Cassandra Lea Residence, 26, of Winona, and Gabriel David Bebout, 31, of Minnesota City, for shoplifting after they allegedly stole a phone charger valued at $15 and several unactivated prepaid phone cards from the Kwik Trip at Fifth and Orrin streets.
Monday, April 15
• At 11:05 a.m. Central Self Storage reported a burglary at their 650 West Third Street location. Over the weekend, someone broke two security cameras on the property, shut off power to the site, disabling the remaining cameras, and broke into an unmarked storage unit that held video equipment for the security system, stealing the equipment. There are no suspects at this time, but the company told police that it held an auction last week, during which time an electrician was working on the unit with the security equipment. The unit was open and anyone could have seen it, the company said.
Tuesday, April 16
• At 3:13 p.m. officers ticketed Gabriel David Bebout, 31, of Minnesota City, for shoplifting after he allegedly stole $377 worth of merchandise including a radar detector from Fleet Farm.
• At 9:23 p.m. officers arrested Peter Edward Weinmann, 50, of Winona, for second-degree driving while intoxicated after he drove through a stop sign at Broadway and Junction streets. Officers reported that Weinmann had bloodshot, watery eyes. A preliminary breath test indicated that his blood alcohol content was .31 percent.
Wednesday, April 17
• At 4:55 p.m. officers ticketed Courtney Michael Paul, 32, of Winona, for gasoline theft after he allegedly drove off without paying for $51 worth of gas from the Kwik Trip at Highway 61 and Highway 43.
Thursday, April 18
• At 1:09 a.m. officers ticketed Cody Allen Mattson, 19, of Blair, Wis., and Mitchell Denis Shea, 19, of Plainview, for minor consumption and arrested Cori Elaine Slifka, 19, of Rochester, on a warrant for failure to appear on a minor consumption charge. Officers stopped the vehicle for turning right on red at Sixth and Huff streets and smelled alcohol coming from the vehicle, according to the report. Slifka was the driver and was sober, but preliminary breath tests indicated Mattson and Shea had been drinking.
Friday, April 19
• At 12:09 a.m. police ticketed Christopher Ryan Dehne, 20, of Shakopee, for minor consumption. An officer reported that Dehne was running down the middle of Prairie Island Road near Riverview Drive. The officer talked to Dehne and offered to give him a ride, at which point the officer noticed that Dehne’s breath smelled of alcohol and confirmed that he had been drinking, according to the report.
• At 12:35 a.m. officers arrested Alex Maurice Welch, 22, of Winona, for fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance and possession of more than 1.4 grams of marijuana in a motor vehicle after he was stopped for a burned out taillight at Eighth and Center streets. Officers noticed a strong smell of marijuana smoke coming from the vehicle, conducted a search, and found a bag of marijuana and a bag and a straw containing a white residue believed to be methamphetamine, according to the report. Welch was in custody at the time of the report.