Wednesday, May 15
• At 12:45 p.m. a 74-year-old Minnesota City woman was taken to the hospital following an all-terrain vehicle accident on her property north of Minnesota City. The woman was riding her four-wheeler on a trail on her property. She attempted to turn the ATV around on a steep slope, and the vehicle overturned, throwing her off. She hit the ground hard and injured her hip and leg, according to the report. Deputies responded to a report of the accident and assisted in transporting the woman from the site of the accident using the department’s ATV and rescue sled, a special off-road stretcher. The woman was taken to a hospital via ambulance.
Tuesday, May 7
• Officers ticketed Brandy Camille Selmon, 23, of Winona, for shoplifting after she allegedly stole $26 worth of merchandise from the Kwik Trip on West Broadway and Baker streets at 11:38 p.m.
Tuesday, May 14
• At 12:49 p.m. officers responded to a report of check fraud. An 84-year-old Winona woman reported that a check book had been stolen from her residence and that multiple checks has been forged and passed in the Winona area. According to the report, more than $800 in forged checks were passed.
Wednesday, May 15
• At 4:04 p.m. Matthew Raymond Reisch, 25, of Winona, was ticketed for tampering with a motor vehicle and arrested for probation violation after he allegedly rifled through a vehicle near the intersection of Lake Park Drive and Franklin Street. According to the report, a female witness saw Reisch in the driver’s side of the vehicle. The woman yelled at Reisch and he got out and started walking away, she said. Police stated that Reisch appeared to be under the influence of a controlled substance. According to the report, Reisch told officers that voices in his head told him to get in the car and that he tried to start it with a blade of grass. The terms of Reisch’s probation require that he remain law-abiding.
• At 6:49 p.m. officers responded to a report of a burglary at a residence on the 500 block of East Fifth Street. An adult male told officers that sometime between noon and 6:49 p.m., someone kicked in the back door of his residence, which was locked with a dead bolt, and broke into a safe located in the residence. The safe was found outside the house, with its door broken off. Methadone pills, a checkbook, personal documents, a night vision scope, and numerous items of antique jewelry were stolen from the safe, the man reported. An estimate of the items’ value was not available.