Tuesday, June 11
• At 9:18 p.m. deputies ticketed Dustin Allen Zeller, 25, of Pickwick, for criminal damage to property after he allegedly kicked and broke the screen of a television at a residence in Green Terrace Mobile Homes Park south of Winona. The estimated value of the television is $178.
Wednesday, June 12
• At 5 p.m. deputies received a report of trespassing and damage to property at a location outside of St. Charles. A man who owns property adjacent to the St. Charles golf course said that over the weekend someone drove a golf cart under his wire fence and drove it around his property, creating ruts.
Friday, June 14
• At 12:58 a.m. deputies arrested Cresconcio Tepole Tepole, 24, of Utica, for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated, giving a peace officer a false name and date of birth, possession of an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle, no proof of insurance, and driving without a Minnesota driver’s license, after he was stopped for erratic driving on Country Road 12 in Wilson Township. Tepole showed signs of intoxication and deputies spotted open alcohol bottles in Tepole’s vehicle, according to the report. Tepole gave deputies a name and date of birth and said that he did not have any identification. However, deputies spotted an identification card in the vehicle after arresting Tepole. The photo resembled Tepole, so Sheriff’s Department officials believe that Tepole is the man’s real identity.
Tepole gave a breath test at the Law Enforcement Center that indicated his blood alcohol content was under the legal limit. However, Sheriff’s Office officials said, under state law, a person may still be guilty of driving under the influence regardless of blood alcohol content if it is determined that his driving was impaired. The Sheriff’s office is holding Tepole in custody pending possible action by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Wednesday, June 12
• At 11:40 a.m. officers arrested Whitney Nicole Sherman, 27, of Winona, for gross misdemeanor theft by shoplifting after she allegedly stole $855 worth of merchandise from ShopKo. According to the report, Sherman walked out with various merchandise from clothes to electronics in a large wicker basket.
• At 4:21 p.m. officers received a report of theft from a residence on the 700 block of East Third Street. The complainant stated that sometime in the last week and a half four DVDs, valued at between $20 and $30 each, and three Dremel rotary tools valued at $65 to $171 each were taken from her residence.