Friday, June 14
• At 2:52 a.m. officers arrested Dennis Lee Sharpe, 21, of Winona, for probation violation and ticketed him for possession of a controlled substance and possession of a legend drug and referred Catelyn Marie Wyld, 23, of Winona, for fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance and possession of legend drug. According to the report, Sharpe and Wyld were sitting in a vehicle in the parking lot of Living Light Church on Highway 14 near Saint Mary’s University. As officers approached the vehicle they reported noticing a glass pipe with white residue on it between Sharpe’s feet. Officers said they went on to find a straw containing a white powdery substance and a pipe with a burnt residue on Sharpe’s person. Inside the vehicle, officers reportedly found several prescription drug pills: four and one-half trazalon, two diphenedryl, one lorazopam, one-half alprazolam, and one unknown pill.
• At 5:15 p.m. officers received a report of a theft from a motor vehicle on the 800 block of West Ninth Street where a man said someone had stolen his wallet from his unlocked pickup.
Saturday, June 15
• Officers cited Jeremy Paul Stoltz, 33, of Winona, for fifth-degree assault causing fear after he allegedly threw chunks of concrete at a group of women at a residence on the 850 block of West Fifth Street. At 1:49 p.m. the women were painting furniture in a garage when Stoltz began throwing chunks of concrete at them, complainants reported. No one was struck by the concrete. Stoltz denied the accusations, officers said.
Monday, June 17
• Officers referred Rachel Lyn Stansfield, 34, of Winona, for theft and financial transaction card fraud after she allegedly stole and used a woman’s credit card. Police received a report from a 25-year-old Winona woman at 12:59 a.m. on June 6 that someone had stolen her purse from Schniepp’s Bar on the 900 block of East Eight Street. According to the report, investigators found that Stansfield had used the complainant’s credit card to purchase $473 worth of merchandise from Walmart at 2:35 a.m. on June 6.
• Officers ticketed Max William Ruff, 28, of Winona, for damage to property after he allegedly broke the window of a door to a residence on the 600 block of East Sixth Street on June 10. According to the report, Ruff asked the complainant for a ride, the complainant refused, and Ruff broke the complainant’s screen door window.
Tuesday, June 18
• At 12:14 a.m. officers arrested Casey Ray Kanz, 28, of Winona, for fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of a small amount of marijuana after he was stopped in connection with a report of an assault at Gabby’s Bar on Third and Market streets. Officers received a report that a suspect matching Kanz’s appearance pulled a knife on a fellow patron of Gabby’s. Officers approached Kanz, who said he did have a knife, but reportedly squirmed to avoid officer’s attempts to search him for the knife. Officers found that Kanz was on probation, with restrictions against consuming alcohol and controlled substances. A subsequent search revealed that Kanz had a marijuana pipe, a container of a green leafy substance believed to be marijuana, and pills identified as Aderall XR20 and Clonazepam, according to the report. No victims or eye witnesses came forward to confirm the reported assault.
• Officers referred Jason Richard Steinfeldt, 39, no permanent address, for theft and financial transaction card fraud after he allegedly stole a woman’s credit card and personal identification number and used them to make $400 worth of purchases on June 9 and 10.