Friday, June 21
• At 1:25 a.m. officers arrested Garrett Lee Stokke, 21, of Holmen, Wis., for driving while intoxicated after he was stopped for running the stoplight at Sixth and Main streets. Stokke showed signs of intoxication, officers said, and a preliminary breath test indicated that his blood alcohol content was .19 percent.
• Police ticketed Timothy Paul Schmalenberg, 58, of Winona, for theft by shoplifting after he allegedly stole an iPod player valued at $99 from Walmart at 7:45 a.m.
Saturday, June 22
• At 12:41 a.m. officers arrested Joseph Robert Conway, 23, of Winona, for third-degree driving while intoxicated after he was stopped for running the stoplight at Sixth and Main streets. A preliminary breath test indicated his blood alcohol content was .22 percent.
• At 5:32 a.m. officers arrested German Antonio Dominguez-Perez, 30, of Winona, for fifth-degree domestic assault causing fear and fifth-degree domestic assault causing harm after he allegedly punched an adult female in the face. The woman did not request medical attention, police officials said.
Sunday, June 23
• At 1:27 a.m. officers arrested Shawn Watson Vaughn, 42, of Winona, for domestic assault causing fear and domestic assault causing harm after he allegedly threw an adult female on the ground and then hounded her, screaming, as she walked away from him. The couple walked from downtown Winona to a residence on the 400 block of West Sixth Street, where a resident asked if they wanted to come in out of the pouring rain. The woman asked the resident to call the police. She did not request medical attention.
• At 1:41 a.m. a 28-year-old Winona man allegedly crossed the centerline of Riverview Drive and collided with a Pioneer Press truck traveling in the other direction The Winona man and a 50-year-old man from St. Paul who was driving the truck were both transported to the hospital with minor injuries. Police investigators are awaiting the results of a blood sample taken from the Winona man to determine whether the Winona man was intoxicated.
• At 12:19 p.m. officers received a report of $12 in cash being stolen from an unlocked pickup on the 500 block of East Mark Street.