Thursday, June 27
• At 1:25 a.m. officers referred Anthony Lee Harrison, 32, of Winona, for contributing to the delinquency of a minor and ticketed a 17-year-old Lewiston girl for minor consumption of alcohol after the girl was found at Harrison’s apartment near the intersection of Sarnia and Franklin streets. The girl and a friend had been at Latsch Island, when the friend reported the girl missing. Officers’ search for the Lewiston girl ended when they found her, intoxicated, at Harrison’s apartment, police officials said. Harrison and the girl had met at Latsch Island, according to the report. Officers said the girl refused to tell them who had provided her with alcohol.
Friday, June 28
• At 11:39 a.m. officers received a report of damage to property and theft from a residence on the 100 block of Lafayette Street. A man reported that sometime overnight, someone ripped the straps of the saddlebags on his motorcycles and stole two pairs of Harley-Davidson Z-87 sunglasses. He estimated the sunglasses were worth $160 and the saddlebags were worth $350.
Saturday, June 29
• At 2:44 a.m. officers received a report of damage to property and theft from a residence on the 200 block of East Fourth Street. A woman said that she left the apartment at midnight and returned at 2:40 a.m. to find her apartment ransacked. Her microwave, television, refrigerator, lamps, Xbox, and other possessions were broken and $70 in cash and two bottles of prescription drugs were stolen, she reported.
• At 11:41 p.m. officers arrested Anna Mae Deitzen, 19, of Black Creek, Wis., for giving a peace officer a false name and date of birth and minor consumption of alcohol after officers approached her during a bar check at Market Street Tap. Deitzen provided officers with a false identification card, but officers kept asking her questions about her supposed date and place of birth until she became mixed up, according to the report. Officers also ticketed MacKayla L’Chell Susag, 18, of La Crosse, for minor consumption of alcohol.
Sunday, June 30
• At 1:22 p.m. officers ticketed an 82-year-old woman following a three-car accident with injuries at the intersection of Highway 43 and Homer Road. The first vehicle, driven by Fern Julia Ledebuhr, 82, of Winona, was heading west on Homer Road and turned left onto Highway 43. While turning, Ledebuhr’s vehicle cut off a second vehicle, driven by a 42-year-old Wino Lakes woman, which was heading straight through the intersection, driving east on Homer Road. That second vehicle struck Ledebuhr’s vehicle, forcing it into a third vehicle, driven by a 34-year-old Rochester man, which was waiting at the stoplight, facing north on Highway 43. Ledebuhr and Wino Lakes woman were taken to the hospital for possible injuries. Ledebuhr was ticketed for failure to yield.
• At 7:45 p.m. a 42-year-old Winona woman was taken to the hospital after her vehicle struck a tree and landed upside down in a yard on Gilmore Valley Road. The woman was taken to the hospital with numerous cuts and pain in her leg. She appeared to be under the influence, officers reported. Police are investigating the accident.
Monday, July 1
• At 3:33 p.m. officers arrested Arne Erik Sippola, 63, of Winona, for second-degree driving while intoxicated after they reportedly found him, heavily intoxicated and sleeping in a vehicle on the 150 block of West Mark Street. Police responded to a report from Winona State University Campus Safety of an intoxicated individual asleep in a vehicle. A preliminary breath test indicated that Sippola’s blood alcohol content was .32 percent.
Sunday, June 23
• At 12:04 a.m. deputies arrested Kenneth Raymond Ryback, 56, of Elk Grove Village, Ill., for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated after he was stopped for swerving at Highway 61 and Vila Street. A breath test indicated that Ryback’s blood alcohol content was .16 percent.
Saturday, June 29
• At 11 a.m. deputies received a report of a stolen motorcycle from an Elba man. The man said that sometime between June 23 and 27, a red 70-cc Honda motorcycle with gold and black shocks was stolen from his unlocked garage. He estimated the vehicle was worth $800.
• At 10:34 p.m. deputies arrested Tanya Ann Bambenek, 26, of Lewiston, for third-degree driving while intoxicated, giving a peace officer a false name and date of birth, and driving after revocation after she was stopped for erratic driving at Highway 248 and County Road 25. Bambenek allegedly told the arresting deputy that she did not have her identification and gave one name; however, the deputy recognized Bambenek from previous contacts. Bambenek admitted to giving the deputy her sister’s name and date of birth, according to the report. A preliminary breath test indicated that Bambenek’s blood alcohol content was .18 percent.
Sunday, June 30
• At 3:54 a.m. deputies arrested David John Holien, 19, of Winona, for underage drinking and driving; Jeffrey Paul Severson, 19, of Winona, for minor consumption; and Grant James Gernes, 19, of Winona, for minor consumption. Deputies stopped the three in the J.C. Penney parking lot for having a noisy exhaust. Holien exhibited signs of intoxication, deputies reported.