Sunday, July 7
• At 1:36 p.m., deputies responded to a report of an accident in Stockton in which a 37-year-old woman was injured when she fell off the back of motorcycle. Witnesses said the man driving the motorcycle circled back to check on the woman after she fell and then drove off. The woman was taken to Winona Health and then to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse. Details on her injuries and condition were not available at the time of the report. Deputies are continuing to investigate the accident.
• Deputies arrested Scott Allen Ball, 45, of Elba, for second-degree assault after he allegedly threatened two men and brandished a knife at them at 5:24 p.m. on Friday, July 5, in St. Charles. According to the report, Ball was mowing his lawn when he got in an argument with the two men who were passing by on all-terrain vehicles. The men told deputies that Ball pulled out a pocket knife and told them to stab him. Ball also threatened to “break their heads,” and he later cut himself with the knife across the chest, according to the men. Ball had left the scene when deputies arrived, according to the report.
Tuesday, July 9
• At 1 a.m. deputies arrested David Dwayne Pipkin, 36, no given address, on a probation violation warrant from Florida. Deputies received word from Polk County, Fla., authorities that Pipkin violated his probation and was believed to be a fugitive from justice in Stockton or Lewiston. After several days of investigation, deputies found Pipkin hiding in the basement of a residence in Stockton, according to the report. He is awaiting extradition.
Thursday, July 4
• At 11:51 p.m. officers arrested Kurt Clark Sorem, 33, of Hawaii, for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated after they responded to a report of illegal fireworks at Fourth and Ewing streets. Sorem’s vehicle “screamed out” as officers arrived, police officials said. A preliminary breath test indicated that his blood alcohol content was .17 percent.
Friday, July 5
• At 3:16 a.m. officers arrested Jaffer Muhammed Maswood, 19, of Winona, at Tenth and Sioux streets, on suspicion of driving under the influence, and referred David Allen Dambach Jr., 24, of Winona, for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a small amount of marijuana. Police officials are awaiting the results of a blood test before referring Maswood for charges.
• At 1:49 p.m. officers ticketed Austen Jay Stump, 25, of Greenwood, Wis., for leaving the scene of a property damage accident after he struck a stoplight with the tractor-trailer he was driving, destroying the light. Officers received numerous calls from witnesses. Stump told officers that he knew he hit the light at Fourth and Main streets, but that he kept driving because he had no place to pull over. According to the report, Stump drove on to Centerville, Wis., where he had to change a flat tire.
Saturday, July 6
• At 12:26 a.m. officers arrested Corey James Prudoehl, 22, of Winona, for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated after a report that his vehicle was stuck off the roadway near Prairie Island Campground. A preliminary breath test indicated that Prudoehl’s blood alcohol content was .15 percent.
Sunday, July 7
• At 12:20 a.m. Patrick Julius Walker, 24, of Winona, was arrested as a passenger in possession of an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle following a traffic stop at highways 61 and 43.
Monday, July 8
• At 3:55 p.m. officers ticketed Jenna Christine Buckel, 19, of Hammond, Wis., for theft by shoplifting after she allegedly stole four DVDs valued at $67 from Shopko.
Tuesday, July 9
• At 1:38 a.m. officers arrested Kaylyn Jean Danielson, 21, of Hudson, Wis., for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated after she was stopped for speeding at Sarnia and Olmsted streets. A preliminary breath test indicated that her blood alcohol content was .14 percent.