Friday, July 19
• At 4:43 p.m. officers ticketed Brian James Schroeder, 36, of Winona, for driving after revocation and inattentive driving after he reportedly rear-ended a vehicle that was pulling into a private driveway near Sixth and Vila streets.
• At 6:59 p.m. a woman reported that her purse, that contained credit cards, cash, and her cellphone, was stolen from her shopping cart while she was shopping in the dairy aisle at Hy-Vee.
• At 11:22 p.m. officers arrested Jacob Scott Whyte, 26, of no fixed address, for fifth-degree possession of methamphetamine, possession of a hypodermic needle, and possession of drug paraphernalia after they responded to a report of suspicious activity at Walmart. Officers reported that Whyte appeared to be under the influence of a controlled substance and that he kept putting his hands in his pockets despite repeated commands not to. Officers patted Whyte down, discovering the needle, according to the report. In a subsequent search, officers found a substance that tested positive for methamphetamine in Whyte’s pocket, police officials said.
Saturday, July 20
• At 5:25 p.m. Jennifer Lynn Kanz, 22, of Winona was ticketed for theft by shoplifting after she allegedly stole $72 worth of merchandise from Shopko.
• At 7:17 p.m. officers arrested James Ray Sotelo, 22, of St. Charles, for third-degree driving while intoxicated after he was stopped for driving in the left lane on Sixth Street near Grand Street. A preliminary breath test indicated that his blood alcohol content was .21 percent, according to the report.
• At 11:05 p.m. officers arrested Nicki Renae Klein, 26, of Winona, for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated following a report of suspicious activity at the Sterling Motel on Gilmore Avenue. Officers reported that Klein’s vehicle left the parking lot with its headlights off. A preliminary breath test indicated that Klein’s blood alcohol content was .08 percent.
Sunday, July 21
• At 2:55 a.m. officers ticketed Mitchell Edward Makuski, 20, of Amherst, Wis., for minor consumption after a resident of the 50 block of West Ninth Street complained that a stranger was passed out on his porch. Police reportedly found Makuski unconscious on the complainant’s porch. A preliminary breath test indicated that Makuski’s blood alcohol content was .20 percent.
Monday, July 22
• At 2:47 p.m. officers arrested Richard Gordon Deppe, 20, of Winona, for fifth-degree domestic assault causing fear, after he allegedly punched a wall and threw a chair, frightening a woman at a residence on Jimmy Carter Place. Deppe said that the woman scratched him, according to the report. Police officials said that Deppe did have scratches.
Tuesday, July 23
• Officers referred Radia Islam, 21, of Winona, for check forgery after she allegedly tried to pass two forged checks valued at $1,800 and $500.