Saturday, July 27
• At 12:21 a.m. deputies arrested Vanessa Noel Karli, 26, of Winona, for third-degree driving while intoxicated following a traffic stop on County Road 17, a mile east of Witoka. A preliminary breath test indicated that her blood alcohol content was .21 percent.
Sunday, July 28
• At 12:26 a.m. deputies arrested Kate Lynn Johnson, 19, of Houston, for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated, minor consumption of alcohol, and underage drinking and driving after she was stopped for failure to obey a stop sign on County Road 11. Deputies reportedly smelled alcohol coming from Johnson’s vehicle. A preliminary breath test indicated that her blood alcohol content was .08 percent.
• At 4:09 a.m. deputies arrested Shawn Daniel Will, 22, of Winona, for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated after he was stopped for speeding on County Road 17 near Witoka. The deputy reported smelling alcohol on Will. A preliminary breath test indicated his blood alcohol content was .08 percent. Deputies are awaiting the results of a blood test before deciding whether to refer Will for charges.
Thursday, July 25
• At 6:27 p.m. officers ticketed Laura Lynn Nissalke, 45, of Winona, for two counts of theft after she allegedly stole a cellphone and a Nook reading tablet from fellow employees at Walmart.
Friday, July 26
• At 2:43 p.m. officers ticketed Brittany Alice Hawley, 26, of Goodview, for shoplifting after she allegedly stole $63 worth of clothes from Walmart.
• At 7:48 p.m. officers ticketed Gabriel David Bebout, 31, of Minnesota City, for shoplifting after he allegedly stole a pair of shoes valued at $50 from JC Penney’s on July 18. Officers spotted Bebout wearing the shoes and employees identified him in a lineup, according to the report.
Saturday, July 27
• At 2:37 a.m. officers arrested Kelley Sue Beach, 33, of Winona, for third-degree driving while intoxicated after she was stopped for having a nonfunctioning brake light at Sixth and Winona streets. Officers reported that Beach showed signs of intoxication. A preliminary breath test indicated that her blood alcohol content was .16 percent.
• At 7:37 p.m. officers ticketed a 14-year-old Winona girl for shoplifting after she allegedly took $106 worth of family planning products from Shopko.
Sunday, July 28
• At 12:56 a.m. officers ticketed Brenton Carl Ekberg, 25, of New Hope, and Douglas Nelson Sewall, 31, of Winona, for disorderly conduct after they allegedly fought with each other outside of Gabby’s Bar at Third and Market streets.
• At 1:26 a.m., a woman reported the burglary of a cellphone valued at $600 from her Links Lane residence.
• At 2:08 p.m., officers ticketed Rachel Lynn Stansfield, 44, of Winona, for shoplifting after she allegedly stole $42 worth of groceries from Midtown Foods.
• At 3:47 a.m., officers arrested Heather Madison Hibbard, 22, of Winona, for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated and possession of an open container of alcohol while driving. Passenger Michael Jacobson, 24, of Winona, was ticketed for possession of an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle. Officers approached Hibbard following a report that she and Jacobson were vomiting outside of the parked vehicle on the 450 block of East Sixth Street. A preliminary breath test indicated that Hibbard’s blood alcohol content was .11 percent.
• At 12:27 p.m., staff at Broken World Records bar reported an Alvarez acoustic guitar was stolen from a storage room in the bar sometime between 10:45 p.m. and 1 a.m.
• At 3:56 p.m., officers ticketed Adam Steven Neitzel, 26, of Arcadia, Wis., for shoplifting after he allegedly stole $25 in sterling silver jewelry from Shopko.
Monday, July 29
• At 4:45 a.m., Tammy Jane Seebold, 48, of Winona, was arrested for third-degree driving while intoxicated after she was stopped for failing to signal a turn at 10th and Minnesota streets. A preliminary breath test indicated that Seebold’s blood alcohol level was .14 percent.
• At 5:31 a.m., a couple reported a burglary at their residence on the 600 block of East Broadway. The wife left her purse on a countertop near a window. Sometime overnight, the window screen was cut open and the purse was taken, they said. The purse contained cash, keys, a check card, and personal information.
• At 4:29 p.m., a woman reported that sometime overnight, someone had rummaged through her unlocked garage and vehicle on the 550 block of East Second Street. She reported that the only thing missing was some spare change.
• Police referred Laurie Ann Marquardt, 28, of Winona, for third-degree driving while intoxicated after urine test results indicated that Marquardt had a blood alcohol content of .25 percent when she was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving on June 23.