Wednesday, July 31
• At 12:32 a.m. officers arrested and referred Huntington Penn Haagsman, 20, of Cottage Grove, for tampering with a motor vehicle, minor consumption of alcohol, and possessing the identification of another, after he allegedly entered and examined the interior of a stranger’s vehicle on the 350 block of East Ninth Street. One of the owners of the vehicle saw Haagsman, accosted him, and tackled him to the ground after Haagsman took off running.
• At 7:06 a.m. a woman reported that someone had gone through her unlocked vehicle, which was parked on the 250 block of East Ninth Street. Nothing was missing, she said.
• At 12 p.m. officers arrested Ulmer Earl Ellis, 51, of no fixed address, for making terroristic threats after he allegedly threatened to shoot an Amtrak Station employee and blow up the station. Ellis appeared agitated and unstable; however, he was unarmed, officers said.
Thursday, August 1
• At 7:04 p.m. officers ticketed Bethany Elaine Gross, 30, of Winona, for fifth-degree domestic assault after she allegedly hit a 42-year-old man in the head with a water bottle several times. The man did not suffer any injuries, according to police officials.
• Officers ticketed Melvin Earl Kimp, 22, of Winona, for shoplifting, after he allegedly stole $151 of merchandise from Walmart by pushing a loaded shopping cart out the door without paying on July 17.