Saturday, August 17
• At 11:13 p.m. deputies arrested Joel David Barnewitz, 24, Winona, for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated. Deputies reportedly stopped Barnewitz for speeding on 6th street, and noticed signs of intoxication. A preliminary breath test indicated that his blood alcohol content was .10 percent.
Thursday, August 22
• At 7:10 p.m. deputies arrested Michael Wayne Cruse, 49, Hidden Valley, and referred him for charges of disorderly conduct and domestic assault. Sheriff Brand indicated that Cruse previously had similar charges, which could lead to felony charges. Cruse is currently in detox.
Friday, August 16
•At 11:51 p.m. officers were called to the 750 block of West 5th Street after Brian Matthew Ruhland, 38, of Winona, allegedly threatened a newspaper delivery driver and caused criminal damage to the driver’s car. Ruhland allegedly smashed in the windshield, kicked in the driver’s (side) door, and put a dent in the middle of the hood. Damage was calculated at $2,500. Ruhland has been referred for charges of fifth-degree assault, causing fear, and first-degree criminal damage.
Tuesday, August 20
•At 5:30 p.m. officers ticketed Kelvin Andrew Landherr, 19, of Rose Creek, Minn., for shoplifting after he allegedly stole $19.99 worth of merchandise from Shopko.
• At 11:50 p.m. officers ticketed Haley Rose Lourent, 18, of Winona, for underage consumption of alcohol, near a house party on West 10th Street.
Wed., August 21
• At 12:10 a.m. officers ticketed Austin Allen Markee, 20, of Rochester, for underage consumption of alcohol.
• At 12:29 a.m. officers ticketed Patrick August Cochran, 20, of Winona, and David John Holien, 19, of Winona, for underage consumption of alcohol, after the two took off running near a church parking lot.
• At. 1:16 a.m. officers ticketed Austin James Hall, 23, of Winona, near the 100 block of East Third Street for allegedly urinating in public.
• At 5:43 p.m. officers were called to Lake Park to investigate a report of a male exposing himself. A woman out for a jog reported that a white male, in his 60s, and wearing a green hat and checkered shirt exposed himself to her. A suspect was not found.
• At 11:59 p.m. officers ticketed Benjamin Jon Kortuem, 20, of Young America, Minn., for fleeing a peace officer on foot, underage consumption of alcohol, and public consumption of alcohol after noticing Kortuem fleeing from the area where police had received a loud party complaint near Lafayette and Sixth streets.
Thursday, August 22
• At 12:04 a.m. officers ticketed Jack Carlyle Morey, 20, of Winona, for underage consumption of alcohol after seeing him throw a can of beer into the bushes.
• At 4:19 p.m. officers responded to an accident near the 150 block of West Third Street. A moped driven by Drew Allen Fakler, 17, of Winona, struck an SUV driven by Ryan Paul Flottmeier, 21, of West Salem, Wis. Fakler suffered bumps, bruises, and abrasions; no tickets were issued.
• At 11:18 p.m. officers ticketed Alexander James Shea, 20, of Winona and Alexander James Koerber, of Carry, Ill. for minor consumption near the 100 block of East Sixth Street.
Friday, August 23
• At 12:54 a.m. officers responded to a call about a man peeping in her window near 200 East Fifth Street. Officers found Taylor Nicholas Gleason, 32, Winona, and ticketed him for a probation violation for being under the influence of alcohol, and possession of a fifth-degree controlled substance. Reportedly one and a half pills of buprenorphine, or suboxone [a pill used to wean people off opiates] was found on Gleason.