Wed., Sept. 11
•At 6:45 p.m., officers received a report of a burglary at an apartment at 79 West Sixth Street, where a fire had taken place on September 4. A resident stated that he had returned periodically to gather his personal belongings. At some point, an Xbox 360, valued at $150, a 36-inch Toshiba flat screen TV, valued at $150, a stereo system, valued at $150, and a Gold Nintendo 64, valued at $50, were taken from the residence. There are no suspects or witnesses at this time.
Friday, Sept. 13
• At 12:26 p.m., officers responded to another theft at 79 West Sixth Street, where residents were displaced by a fire on September 4. Items taken include: a 20-inch television, a Playstation 3, three Playstation games, three hats, and two pairs of Nike shoes. Residents said that the doors had been left open to help clear out the smoke smell. There are no suspects at this time.
Saturday, Sept. 14
•At 9:29 p.m., officers responded to a theft at Midtown Foods. Matthew Raymond Reich, 25, of Winona, was ticketed for theft by shoplifting for stealing a bottle of cough syrup valued at $5.79.
Sunday, Sept. 15
• At 12:40 a.m., officers arrested Dean Michael Sazama, 22, of Lakeville, Minn., for third-degree driving while intoxicated. Officers witnessed Sazama driving without headlights and stopping in the traffic lane, and detected signs of intoxication. They ticketed Sazama for third-degree driving while intoxicated, driving with no headlights, impeding traffic, and driving with no proof of insurance. A breath test indicated that Sazama had a blood alcohol content of .16 percent. Sazama had a prior driving while intoxicated charge in June of 2012.
• At 3:12 a.m., officers ticketed Daniel Robert Carroll, 20, of Mahtomedi, Minn., for underage consumption of alcohol.
Monday, Sept. 16
• At 3:01 a.m., officers arrested Kevin Lewis Stroman, 22, of Winona, for second-degree driving while intoxicated. Stroman was also ticketed for expired registration and unreasonable acceleration. Stroman’s breath test indicated a blood alcohol content of .22 percent. Stroman had prior driving while intoxicated convictions in March 2012 and June 2012.
• At 6:16 a.m., officers stopped Anthony Alfonso Simonic, 44, of Minnesota City, Minn., after seeing an inoperable taillight on his vehicle on High Forest Street, near Fifth and Sixth streets. Simonic reached down to the floorboard as the officers approached the vehicle, which is probable cause for a search. Officers found a glass pipe smelling of marijuana. Officers ticketed Simonic for driving without proof of insurance, possession of drug paraphernalia, and driving after revocation.
Tuesday, Sept. 17
• At 1:05 a.m., officers spotted a vehicle being driven on High Forest Street that appeared to be the same vehicle that had been pulled over at 6:16 a.m. on Monday, September 16. The vehicle’s driver accelerated while passing the officers and attempted to flee onto Zumbro Street, and then drove in the wrong lane on Center Street. The vehicle’s driver pulled into an alley between Second and Third streets and jumped out of the vehicle. The car continued to roll and the driver ran away. Officers apprehended Donnie Alan Lord, 39, of Winona. Lord is being referred for charges of fleeing in a motor vehicle, obstructing the legal process, possession of a hypodermic needle, driving after license suspension, fleeing on foot, failing to signal, driving in the wrong lane of traffic, no proof of insurance, displaying only one license plate, failing to stop at a stop sign, and leaving a vehicle in operation unattended. Lord is currently in custody.
• Officers are referring Shawn Michael Fort, 22, of Winona, for alleged check forgery and check fraud. Fort’s grandmother suspected her grandson of forgery. Photographs and video of transactions identified Shawn Fort as the perpetrator. Several checks, totaling $1,315, had been cashed, and another $950 in checks were found but not cashed.