Tuesday, Sept. 17
• At 10:15 a.m., off-duty deputies saw Brian James Wehlage, 42, of Winona, enter a vehicle at Kwik Trip near Lewiston. The deputies were aware Wehlage was driving with a revoked license and followed the car, requesting a marked squad car to assist in pulling Wehlage over. No squad car was available, requiring the off-duty officers to make the arrest. Wehlage physically resisted. After being taken into custody, his vehicle was searched, and a digital scale, packaging materials, a large sum of money and two baggies containing white rock-like substances were found. Wehlage is being referred for fourth-degree sale of synthetic drugs, third-degree sale of methamphetamine, and obstructing justice with force.
Sunday, September 8
• At 6:28 p.m., officers ticketed a female juvenile, 14, of Winona, for shoplifting, after she took $56.44 of merchandise from Walmart.
Wednesday, Sept. 11
• At 11:40 a.m., officers ticketed Ricky Arlen Martinson Jr., 18, of Winona, for underage possession of alcohol. Officers were called after safety specialists at Winona Public High School noticed a container of liquor in Martinson’s car.
Friday, September 13
• At 4:12 p.m., officers responded to a report of terroristic threats at 169 Market Street. Hal Tanner Kenner, 57, of Stockton, has been referred for charges of terroristic threats while having a dispute with a tenant. Kenner threatened harm to the tenant Matthew Fliss, 33, of Winona, and his family.
Monday, Sept. 16
• At 7:20 p.m., officers responded to reports of a theft at the Kwik Trip on West Fifth Street. Dylan John Michael Distad, 20, of Winona, was ticketed for theft, after stealing $6 worth of candy bars and gum.
Thursday, Sept. 19
• Officers referred three juvenile males for charges in relation to a burglary of a residence reported on Monday, September 2. The three juveniles, all of Winona, are being referred for felony theft, second-degree burglary, and damage to property, after allegedly stealing a safe containing cash and old coins from a residence on Ridgewood Drive.