Friday, September 20
• At 11:14 p.m., deputies arrested Kristen Dawn Nagle, 42, of Dakota, for domestic assault harm and disorderly conduct after being called to a residence near County Road 12. The adult male who reported the assault alleged that Nagle physically struck him and threw a six-year-old across the room.
Sunday, September 22
• At 1:40 a.m., deputies ticketed Janet Marie Stevenson, 23, of Winona, for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated. Deputies pulled Stevenson over after she reportedly cut in front of the deputy while turning off Main Street onto Fifth Street. A preliminary breath test indicated that Stevenson had a blood alcohol content of .15 percent.
• At 2:46 a.m., deputies ticketed Joseph Allan Peaslee, 20, of Lewiston, for minor in consumption and driving with a suspended license. Deputies stopped Peaslee to ask about his vehicle’s noisy exhaust system, and noted that his plates were expired, and flagged the vehicle for impounding.
Monday, Sept. 16
• At 1:35 p.m., officers responded to a report of a theft at Walmart. Tija Rose Smith, 20, of Lanesboro, was ticketed for allegedly stealing $26.98 worth of cosmetics. Thursday, September 19
• At 9:14 p.m., officers responded to reports of a theft at Menards. Officers ticketed Zackary Wayne Ford, 30, of St. Charles, for theft by shoplifting and disorderly conduct, after Ford allegedly stole $56.41 worth of merchandise and attempted to evade employees by running through the store.
Friday, September 20
At 12:22 p.m., officers responded to a theft at Walmart. Officers ticketed Hannah Alicia Kingsley, 23, of Rochester, for allegedly stealing $80.99 of cosmetics.
• At 1:44 p.m., officers responded to a report of an alleged theft from a residence on the 700 block of West Fifth Street. A 20-year-old woman, reported that she awoke around 4 a.m. to find a white male tugging at her blankets. She described him as about 5 feet 4 inches tall, with brown hair and facial hair. She told him to leave and followed him out. Later in the day the victim noticed her debit card and cash missing from her purse.
• At 2:11 p.m., officers responded to a report of theft at Shopko. Officers ticketed Tamara Jayne Olson, 54, of La Crescent, for allegedly stealing a toothbrush valued at $24.99.
Saturday, Sept. 21
•At 1:11 a.m., officers ticketed Isaak David Birkeland, 19, of Winona, for underage consumption of alcohol and fleeing on foot. Officers witnessed Birkeland littering on the sidewalk and requested that he pick up after himself. Birkeland attempted to flee as officers wrote him a ticket for underage consumption of alcohol.
• At 2:07 a.m., officers stopped a vehicle with a broken taillight near Sixth and Harriet streets. Officers ticketed Anne Marie Roester, 20, of Caledonia, Minn., for fourth-degree driving while intoxicated. Roester had a preliminary blood alcohol content of .13 percent.
• At 10:58 a.m., officers responded to reports of a motorcycle accident on Huff Street. The brakes locked up on a motorcycle driven by Wayne John Miland, 71, of Eyota, Minn., when a vehicle in front of him stopped short. He fell off the bike and was taken by ambulance to Winona Health to be treated for injuries.
• At 8:25 p.m., officers responded to reports of what appeared to be live ammunition and blood stains outside Winona High School during the homecoming dance. Officers determined that the blood was fake, but the ammunition was .22 caliber live rounds. A juvenile male, 15, of Winona, was implicated in the prank and the incident is being reviewed for possible charges.
• At 8:30 p.m., Officers responded to reports of a domestic assault and arrested Kevin Douglas Nagle, 52, of Winona, for domestic assault — fear, stalking, and terroristic threats — after he allegedly called his ex-wife excessively and attempted to prevent her from leaving her property.
• At 9:37 p.m., officers arrested Gregory Ivan Shines, 28, of Winona, for second-degree driving while intoxicated after they were notified that Shines’ behavior indicated potential intoxication. Officers found Shines in Mankato Liquor’s parking lot with three children, ages one, two, and three, in the vehicle. Shines had a blood alcohol content of .20 percent.
Monday, Sept. 23
• At 8:09 a.m., officers took Devin Lee Polus, 26, of Winona, into custody, after responding to reports of a man throwing things at traffic from his car. Officers took Polus in on an 8-hour probation hold, and while he was in custody, a pipe and plastic straw with a white powdery residue was found in his vehicle. Polus is being referred for charges of littering, disorderly conduct, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 12:10 p.m., officers responded to reports of a damaged vehicle near Fourth and Franklin streets. A 21-year-old male reported he returned home from a weekend away to find his vehicle damaged by a sand bag. There are no suspects at this time.
Tuesday, Sept. 24
• At 12:59 a.m., officers took Tracy Michael Brooks, 44, of Rochester, into custody after they discovered he had a felony warrant for his arrest. Upon taking Brooks into custody, officers found a white rock-like substance that field-tested positive for cocaine.