From: Kaye Huelskamp
Commissioner Steve Jacob wants to take us back to the year 1970 with his proposed changes to Winona County’s current land use ordinance. Will Commissioners Valentine and Ward go along with Commissioner Jacob? Let’s go back to 1970 Winona County….there were no:
- PC’s, laptops, tablets, iPads, etc.
- hand-held calculators (yes– hand-held)
- Internet, social media (no Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- cellphones (OMG – no texting)
- cordless phones
- satellite TV
- flat screen, HD, LCD, LED, plasma TVs
- digital clocks, cameras, etc.
CDs or DVDs
- cruise control, Onstar, etc.
- industrial scale hog or dairy confinement operations that required updated ordinances with setbacks, just small and medium- sized farms with farmers that cared about their neighbors and the impact they could have on them.
So, Winona County, going back to 1970 really isn’t a very wise idea or in the best interests of all our residents, is it????