Wed., October 9
• Several car break-ins have occurred in the Elba area. Deputies received a report of a suspicious individual in the area of a break-in at 2:20 p.m. Deputies arrested Jacob Bothun, 21, of Elba, for theft and damage to property. The investigation is still pending.
Sunday, October 6
• At 11:31 a.m., officers responded to a report of an accident on the 600 block of East Lake Boulevard. Gary William McNally, 57, of Winona, was backing out of a garage when a bicyclist, Jon Lynwood Moen, 50, of Winona, struck the vehicle and was thrown to the street. Moen was transported to Winona Health with serious injuries, and was later airlifted to a trauma center.
Monday, October 7
• At 2:30 p.m., officers responded to a report of a theft of a boat motor near Fifth and Jefferson streets.
Tuesday, October 8
• At 8:58 a.m., officers responded to a report of a car/pedestrian accident near Sarnia and Wilson streets. Jonelle Christine Harren, 22, of St. Michael, Minn., struck Jesse David Benoy, 20, of Hudson, Wis., as he was crossing the crosswalk. The report indicated that Benoy suffered injuries. The incident is under further investigation.
Thurs.,, October 10
• At 1:14 a.m., officers stopped a vehicle driven by Shane Michael Ewing, 28, of Winona, for expired tags near Fourth and Olmstead streets. Upon speaking with the Ewing, the officer noted signs of intoxication. Ewing is being charged with fourth-degree driving while intoxicated and possession of a small amount of marijuana, after five grams of marijuana was found inside the vehicle. Ewing had a blood alcohol level of .18 percent.
• At 4:11 p.m., officers responded to a report of a theft from a residence on the 850 block of East Sixth Street. A female resident reported that her door had been kicked in and items removed from her home while she was at work. Two laundry baskets of clothes, old textbooks, 30-40 DVDs and Playstation 2 games, Playstation 2 cords and controllers, and a laptop computer were missing from the residence.
• At 11:30 p.m., officers responded to a report of noisy people on Main and Seventh streets. Janet Carol Witort, 19, of Winona and Kalia Louise Ann Moore, 20, of Boscobel, Wis., were ticketed with underage consumption of alcohol.
Friday, October 11
• At 12:40 a.m., on the 100 block of East Eighth Street, officers ticketed Samuel Robert Kraus, 19, of Winona, for underage consumption of alcohol.