From: Mary Zimmerman
Lord, teach me how to love...love the Lord with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself.
Lord, teach me how to pray from the heart...Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be Thy name.
Lord, teach me to always forgive...forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, not seven times but seventy-seven times seven.
Lord, teach me not to be judgmental...do not judge others and you won’t be judged.
Lord, teach me not to criticize...don’t see the splinter in another’s eye, not noticing the plank in your own.
Lord, teach me not to be negative...be happy, live, laugh and love...then you will be a positive person.
Lord, teach me charity, charity begins at home and extends to the whole world...as long as you did it to the least of my brethren you did it to me.
Lord, teach me to trust, I so often say “Jesus I trust in you”...let these not be empty words but coming from my heart.
Lord, help me not to sweat the small stuff so much.
With love, your friend always, Mary.
Now I’d like to share with you the 7-Ups and some resolutions I found after my dear brother Jim Mack’s death that he had written.
1. Support others, especially those in need.
2. Try not to get upset over little things.
3. Try not to feel so guilty as I know God loves me so much.
4. Go to Mass often, say my rosary and prayers.
5. Try to eat less and lose some weight.
Now the 7-Ups read at St. Casimir’s Church on New Year’s Day:
1. Wake Up! Decide to have a good day. “Today is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalms 118:24
2. Dress Up! The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. “The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance; but the Lord looks at the heart.” I Samuel 16:7
3. Shut Up! Say nice things and learn to listen. “Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise.” Proverbs 19:20
4. Stand Up! For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything. “Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good...” Galatians 6:9-10s
5. Look Up! To the Lord. “I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
6. Reach Up! For something higher. “...keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.” Colossians 3:1
7. Lift Up! Your prayers. “Do not worry about anything: instead pray about everything.” Philippians 4:6
Remember the 7-Ups of life and may God bless your day!
Oh Lord, you are my teacher, I am your pupil (just a poor sinner). Teach me, help me to get good grades so I can one day graduate into the joys of heaven. Amen.