Tuesday, January 28
• At 11:46 p.m. officers were performing a routine traffic stop at Fifth and McConnon streets when they cited Alex Roger Volkman, 22, of Winona, for driving after revocation, no proof of insurance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Wednesday, Jan. 29
• At 6:18 a.m. police responded to a report of a theft at Walmart. The female victim reported that her purse, which contained a wallet, credit cards, cash and identification, was stolen from her. Police do not have any suspects.
• At 9:33 a.m. police cited a 17-year-old male for possession of a small amount of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Thursday, Jan. 30
• At 11:59 p.m. police cited Justin Thomas Mercer, 25, of Winona, for driving after revocation, no proof of insurance and a burned-out tail light. Mercer was near Seventh and Grand streets during the stop.
Wednesday, Jan. 29
• At 2:21 p.m. deputies responded to a report of a theft at a residence. A 61-year-old male, of Winona, told deputies that someone had taken his oxycodone medication that he receives monthly by FedEx. The FedEx driver who delivered the man’s medication said that a male subject claiming to be the victim’s nephew picked up the package when the driver dropped it off at the victim’s residence. Thursday, January 30
• At 4:47 a.m. deputies responded to a report of a boathouse fire on Latsch Island. Jim O’Grady, 47, who lives part-time at the boathouse, told deputies that there is no electricity or fuel on the property, leading them to believe that the fire was probably due to arson. Deputies also found fresh tracks going around the boathouse, which was destroyed. O’Grady was not present at the time of the fire, but said that furniture, six or seven outboard motors and other miscellaneous items were ruined by the fire. The Winona Fire Department is currently investigating the case.