The public is welcomed to attend an open house with representatives of the Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee and Planning Department staff to gather your thoughts and recommendations on preliminary draft policy guidance for the 2014 Comprehensive Plan update. The meeting will be held on March 24, from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. in the County Board room at the Government Center on Main Street in Winona.
The Comprehensive Plan outlines a vision and policy objectives for the next decade to guide decisions by county elected officials. It is a great opportunity for you to provide input on Winona County’s future.
The open house will include:
• An explanation of the project’s mission and focus;
• A short presentation on current data trends and survey responses affecting the county;
• Presentation ‘stations’ where you can look at and provide input on certain topics;
• Suggestion boxes for various topics and verbal and written opportunities to leave your recommendations;
• A public survey and directions for online participation.
County staff will collect all comments and will report back to the committee for its deliberations on Comprehensive Plan update. Results will be made available to the public on the county’s website and at the County Administrative Center. Additional public engagement opportunities will be coming in the future as the committee works on the various areas of the plan.
Refreshments will be provided.
Note: The Comprehensive Plan is not to be confused with amending the county’s zoning ordinance.