Home Page

Search Winona Post:
   GO   x 
Advanced Search
     
  Issue Date:  
  Between  
  and  
     
  Author:  
   
     
  Column / Category:  
   
     
  Issue:  
  Current Issue  
  Past Issues  
  Both  
   Help      Close     GO   Clear   
     
  Thursday December 18th, 2014    

 Submit Your Event 
S M T W T F S


 

 

 
 

| PLACE CLASSIFIED AD | PLACE EMPLOYMENT AD |

| Home | Advertise with Us | Circulation | Contact Us | About Us | Send a Letter to the Editor |
 

  (ARCHIVES)Back to Current
Winona County Historical Society Christmas House Tour Dec. 5 (11/28/2004)
The Winona County Historical Society will present the 19th Annual Christmas Candlelight House Tour on Sunday, December 5, from 3-8 p.m. This year's tour will feature six beautifully homes, as well as the historic Kensington, a National Registry of Historic Places property. Tickets for the event, which are available at the Winona County Historical Society, are $10 for Society members or $12 for non-members. The tour may be started at any of the homes. Refreshments and entertainment will be available at the Kensington. All ticket holders receive a 10% discount on all purchases in the Society's Museum Shop. Brief descriptions of the seven properties on the tour follow below.

Ray and Barb Halvorson's home at 315 East Fourth Street was built in the 1880s. A beautiful Colonial, Ray and Barb have lived at the home since 1987.

Craig Hocum and Jennifer Rogers-Hocum's Greek Revival home at 227 East Wabasha was built prior to 1867, making it the oldest home on the tour. Craig and Jennifer have lived in the home since 2002.

Julie Pendleton's home at 263 West Fifth Street was built for Winona department store magnate Hannibal Choate in 1868. Julie has owned this impressive home, which originally boasted 8 bedrooms, since 1987. The home was on the tour of homes in 1988, and since the kitchen has been extensively updated.

Mike and Sue Savat's contemporary home at 139 Waterford Circle was built in 2003.

Beautiful and unique townhouses owned by Katie Robertson at 68 Links Lane, #2, and Rick and Julie Lyons at 126 Candlewood will also be featured.

The Kensington was originally built in 1890 for use as a hotel. It served this purpose until 1975. The building stood vacant for 10 years, during which time its fate was decided. In 1985 the building was completely renovated and converted into apartments. Several decorated apartments will be open for showing during the tour.

For more information contact the Winona County Historical Society at 454-2723. 

 

   Copyright 2014, Winona Post, All Rights Reserved.

 

Send this article to a friend:
Your Email: *
Friend's Email: *
 Submit 
 Back Next Page >>

 

  | PLACE CLASSIFIED AD | PLACE EMPLOYMENT AD |

| Home | Advertise with Us | Circulation | Contact Us | About Us | Send a Letter to the Editor |
 

Contact Us to
Advertise in the
Winona Post!