Winona Health’s new HealthyFit “Speed” program makes it easier and more convenient for people to improve their health.
The new HealthyFit “Speed” four-week program gets participants on the right track by helping them set a goal and providing tips for achieving it. the program is held virtually with a small group of participants per session. The next session begins Feb. 3.
For the February program, classes will be held on Wednesdays, 4-5 p.m., on Feb. 3, 10, 17, (no class Feb. 24), and March 3
For the March program, classes will be held on Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to noon, on March 10, 17, 24, and 31.
The HealthyFit Speed program includes:
• Four total sessions over the course of four weeks
• Four, virtual group classes on nutrition-related topics
• One-on-one check-in with a dietitian once a week for continued support and guidance
• Personal goal setting
Basic nutrition principles including:
• How to build a healthy meal
• Self-monitoring of calorie intake for desired weight loss or weight maintenance
• How to read and understand the nutrition facts label
• Recommendations for total carbohydrate, protein and dietary fat intake each day
• Portion control and suggested serving sizes of certain types of food
• Sample recipes and meal planning resources
• Behavioral changes that focus on goal setting, problem solving, motivation, mindfulness, and handling setbacks
“Now is a good time to invest in yourself and focus on your health,” said Winona Health Registered Dietitian Kayla Roland, RDN. “Think of this as the best gift you can give yourself and imagine how much better you can feel in 2021.”
Roland will lead the adult weight management program through a virtual platform accessible wherever there is internet access and a computer, tablet or smartphone.
This class will provide participants with the tools to achieve better health, whether that means diet changes to lower cholesterol, increasing physical activity for improved strength and endurance, or reducing portion sizes for successful weight loss.
The entire cost for the four-week program is $63.
Class size is limited. For more information or to register, call program facilitator Kayla Roland at 507-457-4161 or visit winonahealth.org/wellness.