Tuesday, October 22
• At 11:24 a.m. a Tulsa, Okla., man reported that three tires of his vehicle had been slashed at some point overnight on the 300 block of West 10th Street.
• At 3:38 p.m. Tonya Lynn Zimmerman, 33, of Winona, was ticketed with theft by shoplifting at Walmart. Officers mailed the ticket to Zimmerman.
Wednesday, October 23
• At 12:58 a.m. officers arrested Cade Anton Laufenberg, 27, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of fourth-degree driving while intoxicated after stopping him for having a suspended object hanging from his rearview mirror and a white light displayed to the rear of his vehicle at West Fifth and Huff streets. A breath test reportedly measured his blood-alcohol content at 0.08 percent.
• At 1:41 a.m. officers arrested Jourdain Morris Hellkamp, 21, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of fourth-degree driving while intoxicated after stopping him for having an expired vehicle registration near Highway 43 and Latsch Island Road. A breath test reportedly measured his blood-alcohol content at 0.09 percent.
Thursday, October 24
• At 1:09 p.m. a woman employed at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart reported that someone cut the lock off a candle donation box at the cathedral and took an unspecified amount of money.
• At 5:25 p.m. officers ticketed Willie Travell Jones, 35, of Winona, with theft by shoplifting at Walmart.
• At 5:34 p.m. a Winona woman reported that someone had put deep scratches in the door of her vehicle and dented the fender of her vehicle on the 200 block of West Seventh Street.
• At 9:50 p.m. a Winona man reported that his backpack had been stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the Walmart parking lot.
Friday, October 25
• At 12:24 a.m. officers ticketed Joseph Allan Peaslee, 26, of Winona, with providing a false name to police officers and arrested him on a prior warrant on West Seventh and Minnesota streets. According to the report, Peaslee was stopped for not having a light on his bike, and when officers asked to see his ID, he replied that he did not have it. He then reportedly provided a false name before ultimately saying he had done so because of a prior warrant.
Tuesday, October 22
• At 11:09 p.m. deputies arrested a 16-year-old female and referred her to the county attorney for a potential charge of fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance on the 23000 block of Garvin Heights Road. The substance reportedly was ecstasy. Deputies also ticketed another 16-year-old female with possession of tobacco. According to the report, the females were in a vehicle which was stopped after deputies received a report of a suspicious vehicle.