Monday, September 13
• At 2:17 p.m. officers received a report of an alleged assault. The assault allegedly took place on September 11 at a residence on the 100 block of East Ninth Street. Officers are awaiting statements from those involved, according to the report.
• At 5:15 p.m. officers received a report of an alleged assault in a vehicle on the 600 block of East Fourth Street. A passenger allegedly punched the driver’s right arm. Officers are awaiting statements from those involved, according to the report.
• At 6:15 p.m. officers received a report that a tire was slashed on the 450 block of East Sarnia Street at some point between September 11 and 12.
Tuesday, September 14
• At 1:20 p.m. officers arrested Drew Stephen Bawek, 32, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of fleeing in a motor vehicle. A potential assault charge is also pending. According to the report, officers responded to a report of an assault on Latsch Island. The suspect, identified as Bawek, reportedly left the scene before officers’ arrival driving a moped and went over the bridge into Winona. Officers located him on Huff Street and Broadway and tried to pull him over, according to the report. He allegedly drove onto Harriet Street and made an obscene gesture at officers. Ultimately, he pulled over on the 350 block of West Eighth Street and spoke with officers, according to the report.
Wednesday. September 15
• At 5:01 p.m. officers received a report that three vehicles parked on the 750 block of West Broadway were sprayed with paint.
• At 9:21 p.m. officers received a report that the driver side door of a vehicle was hit on the 300 block of West Seventh Street.
• At 10:54 p.m. a man reported that another man hit him in the face with a brick paver during a fight the previous weekend on the 1000 block of East Ninth Street. The incident is under investigation.
• At 11:41 p.m. officers received a report of an alleged sexual assault that happened several weeks ago at a Winona residence. The incident is under investigation.
Thursday, September 16
• At 12:55 p.m. officers referred Sean Emmons, 37, of Winona, to the county attorney for potential charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of hypodermic needles. While arresting Emmons on a warrant on the 50 block of Walnut Street, officers reportedly found substances that tested positive for heroin and methamphetamine, as well as hypodermic needles, with Emmons.
• At 2:06 p.m. officers received a report that trail markers were stolen on the 100 block of Lake Park Drive.
Saturday, September 18
• At 10:30 a.m. officers received a report that a wallet was stolen on the 400 block of Main Street.
Sunday, September 19
• At about 7 a.m. officers received a report that a man threw someone to the ground and later broke vehicle and house windows on the 700 block of East Fifth Street.
Monday, September 20
• At 12:12 a.m. officers arrested Christopher James Ozmun, 38, of Winona, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of violating a court order. He allegedly was in the backyard of a residence that the order prohibits him from going to on the 150 block of Mankato Avenue.
Tuesday, September 14
• At 12:55 p.m. deputies arrested Kelly Sue Schell-Lee, 49, of Lewiston, and referred her to the county attorney for a potential charge of driving while intoxicated. Deputies initially pulled her over on Highway 14 and Robinson Road near Utica for allegedly speeding. A breath test reportedly measured her blood-alcohol content at 0.14 percent.
Thursday, September 16
At 7:47 p.m. deputies arrested Gregory Backes, 47, of St. Charles, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of driving while intoxicated. Deputies initially responded to a report of a vehicle driving in and out of its lane as it left Rollingstone and ultimately pulled the vehicle over in Altura. A breath test reportedly measured Backes’ blood-alcohol content at 0.11 percent.
Minnesota State Patrol
Friday, September 17
• A 68-year-old Perhham, Minn., woman sustained life-threatening injuries in a motorcycle crash. A 73-year-old Perham, Minn., man also sustained non-life-threatening injuries. At 9:25 a.m., two motorcycles were going south on Highway 61 near Black Horse Road. One with a trailer slowed to make a U-turn. The other reportedly hit the trailer.